Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Special Education Teachers and Books

Special education teachers are the best.  I know this is a generalization and therefore by nature a false statement.  I also know that because I am a special education teacher, this statement may be a little bit biased.  I'm OK with that.  It's my blog, my opinion.  Here's why I think that:  Special education teachers are the best because they spend weeks, months, even years teaching skills only to have students progress at a glacial pace and then when they do make progress, they celebrate it like a 30th birthday!

****

I am a reader.  When I am happy, I read.  When I am sad, I read.  When I want to relax, I read.  When I want to learn more, I read.  As a special education teacher, here are some of the top books on my reading list.  This is not an all encompassing list, this is just a list of the books that have inspired me to be who I am both as a person and as a professional...for me, it's not just a job, it's part of who I am. 




No comments:

Post a Comment