Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Potty Training and Weekend Review

On the advice of my sister in law (sought in desperation by my hubby and I), we went straight underwear on New Years day with my three year old. We knew he was ready, however, the trauma of his baby brothers arrival was continuing to affect our efforts towards potty training. Well...that and a very stubborn and independent three year old. These two factors combined with tears, temper tantrums, and wet floors lead us to call my sister in law who has two young children of her own (both potty trained might I add). We had already begun to use a visual timer, additionally though, she suggest getting rid of diapers completely. So we did. That day. That was on New Year's Eve. The result, potty trained! And now the preschoolers version of 20 questions...all about anatomy! More on that later...

***********

This weekend was cold. I mean really cold! -10 was the actual temperature! That and the babes has a little cold, so we did alot of indoor activities. First up, a two man band! We dug out all the non-breakable pots, pans, and containers and set up a drum circle. One orange smiley face spoon was the only casualty. :) We also built a fort (Dad headed that one up), and created with an assortment of odds and ends from mom's days as a classroom teacher leftovers. We also had a Cars movie night complete with sleeping bags and snacks picked out by my three year old. He even put the straw in my juice box for me! I very nearly finished my book this weekend as well...The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest...fantastic crime drama...more on that later too. I also did some fantastic cooking and baking if I do say so myself; turkey meatloaf, homemade mashed potatoes, jam tarts, yum yum brownie muffins. No wonder I am running again! Speaking of which, the running is going extremely well. I did a double run on Friday because I felt so good and this weekend I signed up for a spring 10K and a summer half marathon...yikes! All in all a fantastic weekend!

And then Monday morning came. While I was getting ready my three year old was playing at my feet. The conversation went something like this:

Me: Do you know you get to stay home with daddy today?

3 year old: Yeah. With you too?

Me: No, I have to go to work. I wish I didn't have to go to work!

3 year old: oh yeah, I wish you would go to work.

Okay so I thought it was a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment