Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Welcome Summer

I sit quietly typing in the dark as my family sleeps.  Ruffled hair and flushed cheeks snore softly as tiny toes peek out from under blankets reaching for a cool breeze from the moisture sodden air blowing in from the open windows.  I love summer!

Just a few short days in and a new kind of routine has taken the place of our school year busy-ness.  We are more relaxed.  We sleep later, play longer, and wear our pajamas well into the start of a new day.  Sometimes I get frustrated...my children are one and three, but then my husband reminds me to take time for what is important.  What is important isn't the laundry or the dishes (though these do beg to be done from time to time).  I must remind myself that in having children, I traded sandy smiles and grass stained knees for an orderly home...and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Hello summer and Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment