Thursday, May 23, 2013

Letter to a Fellow Teacher and Friend

Dear Friend ~

When I first met you two summers ago, I knew you were kind and maybe we were like souls.  When I later spent time wandering Barnes and Noble with you, I was convinced we were.  Now as you prepare to move on to the next leg of your journey, I only wish I would have spent more time with you, cultivating our friendship and sharing our likenesses. 

I know this move is bittersweet for you, but I have no doubt that you will excel no matter where the wind blows you.  You are a model for what I think every teacher should be.  Sure we all have our own style, but the love you have for your students and the compassion you have for all those around you is enviable.  I naively thought when I went into teaching myself that all teachers felt that way about their students, but sadly, I was mistaken.  You are one of few and I know your good heart will stand the test of time.

I know it is a cliché to say "keep in touch,"  however, I truly want to keep in touch.  I want to see what you become Miss McLean. I want to share books, stories, and photos of our families.  You have made a fantastic impression on me and the students we share.  You are irreplaceable and will be greatly missed.

Great things are in your future...namely a friendly gathering tomorrow, book club this summer, and a wedding within the year!



***She is leaving our school to be with her fiancé because they could not both get jobs within our district.  She is young, bright, and so very full of amazingness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment