Friday, February 8, 2013

"For I Know the Plans I Have For You"

Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I must remind myself of this verse on days like today.  Things have not been going well with daycare.  We have a wonderful daycare provider.  Over the past year, her life has been plagued with tragedy.  It is only natural for these events to have taken their toll on her.  However, in this situation, I am the mother and my number one priority is the care of my children regardless of what scars life has left on another.  I want so badly to be able to stay home with my children, at least part of the time, but this does not seem to be in the cards for me.  I don't want someone else raising my children while I work to pay them to do so.  But if this is where I need to be, if work is where I need to go, then my mother's heart needs to know that whomever is caring for my children, is doing so with every shred of love and kindness in their heart.  We are all human, we ere.  I make mistakes that affect my children.  I am no more perfect than the next parent of caregiver.  I get that.  All I can do is pray.
I pray for guidance. 
I pray for understanding. 
I pray for wisdom. 
I pray for an open heart.
I pray for my children.
I say a prayer of thanks for all I have already been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment