Thursday, January 9, 2014

Duck Dynasty - Revisited

I will be the first to admit, when "Duck Dynasty" first gained popularity on A&E, I was quick to judge. 

"A bunch of rednecks, drinking, shooting stuff up, and setting a great example for our children of a get rich and squander it mentality."

And to be even more embarrassingly honest, I made this statement before I had actually even watched the show!  So imagine my surprise when I actually sat down and watched an episode.  Yes they are a bunch of rednecks, however, that is where the truth in my statement ends.  The Duck Dynasty family is a God-fearing, God-loving, southern family, who had a great idea and used their business savvy and redneck talents to build an empire.  And guess what else...it is one of the few shows, I don't mind having on while my children are in the same room.  In and of itself, that speaks volumes.

I was too quick to judge.  This makes me wonder how often I do this with other things in my life. Who would have thought that redneck show could have triggered so much reflection! Last night when I said prayers with my children, I asked for patience.  I asked God to show me how to give others time before I judge...and then I watched an episode of "Duck Dynasty."

No comments:

Post a Comment